Fill that craving this fall season with clean, peanut butter cups!!! Everyone deserves a little light treat, especially after a hard kickboxing workout!
Not only will these satisfy your sweet tooth, but they will keep your healthy eating plan intact too!
• 1 cup smooth Almond Butter (or peanut butter if not strict Paleo)
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life brand if strict Paleo, or lactose free)
1. Place almond butter, oil and honey in a small saucepan then heat on the stove top over low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Stir in shredded coconut until evenly combined. Divide the mixture into each opening of a mini muffin tin (fills 12 openings).
2. Place the chocolate chips in the glass bowl and place the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water, creating a double boiler. Stir the chocolate constantly over the hot water until it is completely melted. Pour melted chocolate on top of each muffin tin then place the tin in freezer for about an hour.
3. Take muffin tin out of freezer. Carefully scrape a knife around the edges and the peanut butter cups will pop out fairly easy. Handle with care.